We are here for you
We’re here if you just want someone to talk to, to chat through your thoughts and plans, and to provide more info on any of the following points.
Today’s Updates – 19 March 2020
- Bank interest rates cut to 0.1%
- Government guaranteed business interruption loans are available now from banks and lenders.
- The PM’s message is “you look after your employees, we will look after you”
- Chancellor’s announcements planned for Friday 20 March 2020
Yesterday’s Updates – 18 March 2020
Schools will close from the afternoon of Friday 20 March 2020, until further notice.
Children of key workers, and vulnerable children will still go to school.
Funding available for school meals for those eligible.
Children not at school should not be left with elderly or vulnerable carers.
GCSEs and A Levels will be cancelled.
Students with exams due will be assessed differently, using predicted grades, or course work.
More details will follow. The Government understand that parents still need to work.
- Local authorities will be responsible for providing grants to small businesses.
- If you get Small Business Rates Relief (SBRR) or Rural Rates Relief you will get the £10,000 grant.
- If you’re in the retail, hospitality or leisure industry with rates between £15,000 and £51,000 you’ll get £25,000 grant.
- Your local authority will get in touch with you after 20 March 2020.
- Grants will be available from early April.
- Legislation will be put in place to stop tenants being evicted due to late payment
- More emergency measures to be made tomorrow
- More support expected for the self-employed
- The Government stresses that you should seek funding before laying employees off. There is help available.
Try to remember that this is only temporary. Please do let us know if you have any questions or if we can help in any way.